Dropbox is an online document storage service that permits users to upload, share, and access data from mobile and desktop applications as well as a browser-based interface. It offers free and paid services from which you can modify data and sharing restrictions and provides software applications for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Android, Windows Phone 7, BlackBerry, iPhone, and iPad.
By default, Dropbox folder is stored in users folder at C:\Users\<username>.
Here are the steps to change Dropbox Folder location on Mac:-
- Select the Dropbox icon located in the menu bar.
- Click on settings options like a small gear and click on preferences.
- After clicking on preferences, a window will open. Click on sync option.
- Then select the Dropbox folder location option and a drop-down list will open, Select other from the drop-down list.
- A window will open and you have to choose where you want to move that folder. Click on the select option and select the move option to confirm.
- Now your folder will move from this location to another.