Apple is time to time brings a lot of file management features for iPadOS and iOS. With iOS 13 and iPad OS 13, you can extract ZIP files on your device, and that is simply marvelous. You can also make a ZIP file from the file app. In this article, we will tell you how you can compress and extract ZIP files on iPhone and iPad.
HOW YOU CAN COMPRESS AND EXTRACT ARCHIVE FILES ON IPHONE AND IPAD:-
As we have told before that, you can access or create a ZIP file from the file app. This supports only two formats, one is ZIP, and the other is RAR. For iOS 12, you can use the Shortcuts app to zip and unzip files.
FOR IPADOS 13 and IOS 13:-
- For uncompressing a ZIP or RAR file, then on your iPhone or iPad, open the Files app and search for a file that you want to unzip. Now, you have to tap and hold the compressed file, and you will see a few options. At the bottom, click on the “Uncompress,” option, and a new folder will be built right there with all the content.
- Furthermore, to compress a folder on your iPad or iPhone, you have to tap and hold the folder you want to compress and at the bottom choose “Compress” option. A ZIP file will be built then and there.
IOS 12 AND OTHER ARCHIVE FORMATS:-
- First, open the Shortcuts app and on the top right corner tap on the “+” button. Then explore for “zip” and click on the “Make Archive” for compressing files. For uncompressing files on another shortcut, you can add “Extract Archive.”
- Now, on the top right corner, tap on the edit icon, and you have to enable the toggle for “Show in Share Sheet.” You can also write the names for Shortcuts.
- Then, change the format to “Ask When Run” so that you can select your preferred archive format. When you are done, then on the top-right corner to save the Shortcut tap on the “Done” button.
- Now, share the file with the Shortcut app and select the particular Shortcut.
- Then, you will see a “Save” dialog box. Here, you can edit the file format and then finally compress the file select on “Done.” After that, you can search the compressed file in the Files app.
These are the steps to compress and zip files on iPhone or iPad OS. Use these steps, and if you have any queries regarding this, then you can ask us in the comments section.