PDF is mostly used for publishing a document. Sometimes we need to encrypt our document so for this you don’t need to buy password protection. On a Mac, you can protect your password at free of charge. You don’t need to pay anything for this. There are some ways to password protect PDF on Mac.
Here we will discuss the steps to password protect PDF on Mac:-
HOW TO PASSWORD PROTECT YOUR PDF ON MAC NATIVELY:-
- Find and start the PDF document on your system using the default app “Preview”. We need to open the file to set a password.
- On the menu bar tap on the “File” tab and from a list of options choose the option “Export”.
- We have clicked the “Export” to view duplicate file saving options. The destination which you will choose the process saves the duplicating file.
- To give your file a passcode, tick the “Encrypt” option. This passcode is set for a new file, the old file is unprotected as well.
HOW TO PASSWORD PROTECT ON MAC USING PAGES:-
- Open the Pages of the file that you want to convert into a password-protected PDF. On the menu bar choose the ‘File’ tab and from a list of options search for “Set Password” option.
- Tap on “Set Password” option and enter your new password. This will protect your “Pages” file with a passcode.
- On the menu bar tap on the “File” tab and in the ‘Export’ tab tap on the PDF option.
- Now you have to export the file as PDF and tick the password box. The passcode which you will enter also save for your PDF file. If you want to set a separate password for PDF then click on the “Change passcode” option and set your new passcode. Your passcode will be changed for PDF file.
HOW YOU CAN PASSWORD PROTECT IN ADOBE READER:-
- In Adobe Acrobat Reader open your PDF file. You have to right-click on PDF file and click on open with Adobe reader option.
- To view, the options select the “Protect” option from the PDF editing menu on the right side of the window.
- To set a password for your PDF document click on the “Add” option. The free version of this is available only for the few countries in Window.